Addiction & Opioid Treatment Info
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) “Every day more than 90 Americans die after overdosing on Opioids.” At Hope Centers of Central Florida, we are committed to helping patients avoid such tragedy by offering a Medication-Assisted Treatment Program that helps break the bond of addiction along with counseling services to aid in recovery and transition patients to a drug-free lifestyle. We specialize in opioid treatment and all of the related issues that have led to the addiction.
Addiction & Opioid Treatment
Opioids are a class of drugs that include illegal drugs such as heroin as well as drugs legally obtained through prescriptions such as pain relievers like
- Oxycodone (OxyContin®),
- Hydrocodone (Vicodin®),
Pain relievers prescribed by your doctor are generally safe when taken for short time periods, but because they can produce euphoria, they can often be misused and/or abused. In recent years we have seen a dramatic increase in misuse of prescription painkillers which has led to tolerance, dependence and ultimately addiction. Some studies have shown that 4 out of 5 heroin users started by misusing prescription painkillers. Opioid treatment is now more important than ever with the number of opiate-caused deaths rising each day.
Indicators of Opiate Use:
- Noticeable elation/euphoria.
- Marked sedation/drowsiness.
- Sleep changes (sleeping too much or too little)
- Paranoia/unusual fear.
- Bloodshot eyes or large/small pupils.
- Slowed breathing.
- Intermittent nodding off, or loss of consciousness.
- Impaired coordination or slurred speech
- Abnormally decreased or increased appetite
- Doctor shopping (getting multiple prescriptions from different doctors).
- Shifting or dramatically changing moods. Outbursts of anger.
- Extra pill bottles turning up in the trash.
- Social withdrawal/isolation.
- Sudden financial problems.
- Giving up hobbies, sports and socializing
- Lack of care for personal hygiene and appearance.
- Neglecting work, school, or home responsibilities.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Inability to sleep
This is Where
I Change My Story
A healthier life is waiting for you.
Are you ready to change your story?